, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

As soon as I saw this pattern (on Desktop Wargames) I decided to use it in my next video. I didn’t think I’d do another paper craft, the last one leaving a poor taste in my mouth. But this one is so simple and looks so good that I had to change my mind.

It only took about an hour to put the whole thing together and I was very pleased with the results. Unfortunately I managed to put the panels on in the wrong order. Don’t make the same mistake I did. Make sure the control panel is in the middle (which I did), and that the side panels match up with that (which I didn’t). I also managed to keep my hands relatively super glue free, which is surprising, since I have a tendency to get covered in the stuff.

I didn’t use the original pattern as it was, since there were a couple of things that I didn’t like. The inside panels were easier to cut if they weren’t separate, and I made it a pdf so that it would print more consistently. The downside is that instead of being on a single page, it’s on 2.

The only new addition to the shelf is the BSG raider from my last episode.

If you’d like to see the uncut process (sped up to run in 5 mins) check out this video: